Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.
DESCRIPTIONHaven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for front-end development on our advanced financial services web application. Your job will require you to work with the product management teams, business analysts, your fellow technology team members, and QA resources. In some cases you will also be working closely with marketing to support customer acquisition efforts requiring technology resources such as blog, landing pages, or campaign needs.
* 2-4 years experience developing web-based applications in production environments
* Thorough understanding of CSS/HTML and modern page layout techniques
* Experience working with designers cutting up layouts to implement pixel perfect pages
* Experience with responsive layout and design, preferably with Bootstrap framework
* Familiarity with website optimization techniques
* Strong visual design sense and appreciation for development with a client experience focus
* Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with marketing teams
* Willingness to learn and a desire to be a rock star...both in the Front End Web Developer and/or lead singer of Van Halen sense
* Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
WHAT WE PREFER:
* Single page app experience (e.g. Angular, Ember etc).
* Some experience with an MVC framework like Angular, Backbone, Ember etc.
* Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
* Experience with social media interfaces and related analytical tools
* Familiarity with SEO and how it affects implementation
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.