Aon Is Looking for a Front End Visual UI/UX Developer
Our team is building a talent assessment platform that is changing the industry landscape. We operate in an agile framework that is self-organizing and self-directing. The platform is evolving into a series of microservices woven together into an orchestrated web platform with automation, analytics and configuration management that rely on AI and other emerging design patterns and technologies. Deployments are automated, infrastructure is immutable, and deliverables are deployed to a series of global 24/7 data centers. As part of this industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our consulting business group.
Your impact as a Front End Visual UI/UX Developer
As a Front End Visual UI/UX Developer, your primary responsibilities are to create and implement visual elements (sometimes from graphic designs created by other designers), translate the UI/UX design wireframes to high fidelity designs and implement actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. You will also work with the UI/UX designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides in defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
* Develop new user-facing features, themes and style guides
* Build reusable UI code and libraries while ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
* Design and implement elegant user interface standards and ensure the adoption of appropriate Design Patterns (such as Responsive or Adaptive Design, Material and more)
* Design and implement elegant but complex user journeys and front-end orchestration layers
* Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scalability
* Involved with all aspects of the user interface and experience including assuring that all user input is validated, the experience is intuitive, and the interface behaves well across a wide variety of platforms and devices
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Required Skills and Experience
* At least 3+ years hands-on experience creating complex, interactive and animated web UIs for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
* Deep understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS or SASS
* Deep understanding of Angular 4 or later or React.js 15 or later
* Solid understanding of reactive programming (RxJs with Angular, React), functional programming or the Flux Design Pattern (like Redux)
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and SPAs
* Deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
* Proficient with code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial, SVN or TFS
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Location: Development will be done in the Manhattan office and the candidate must be able to be on site full time.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2457542
Location: United States, NY, New York
Aon provides professional services, including a range of risk, retirement, and health solutions.