At Walmart eCommerce, we're reinventing the world's leading retail platform, leveraging our unique strengths to deliver the best customer experience wherever our customers shop. Imagine an environment where one line of code, one experiment, or one idea has the power to catapult an entire industry towards a smarter future. Better yet, imagine if that power could be yours.
Jet/Walmart eCommerce is partnering with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program is a 16-week paid internship for experienced professionals, returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. After completing the four-month program, qualified candidates will be considered for conversion to available full-time opportunities at Walmart.
If you are passionate about technology, have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent, we welcome you to apply and join our team. We are excited to be part of the Path Forward program, because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
* Participates in the discovery phase of new product features to develop high-level design by partnering with internal teams that are contributing to proof-of-concept development * Develops prototypes to validate ideas. * Reviews product requirements and translates requirements into technical solutions, drives implementation, writes code in order to test solutions, communicates project status and issues to team members and stakeholders * Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering system information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause) and performs root cause analysis to reduce future issues, interprets the results to determine further action and develops solutions.
* 2+ years of experience in mobile development for Android and/or IOS
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking "why not", looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we're just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you'd look good in purple.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options * Vision & dental plans for you & dependents * Associate discounts in-store and online * Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more * Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles? * Internet Explorer 8.0+ * Firefox 4.0+ * Safari 4.0+ * Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.