ipsy is an innovative, fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for a talented Front End Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team. As a Front End engineer at ipsy you will be responsible for coding up beautiful user facing applications that reach millions of users each month. You will use the latest front-end technologies and techniques including Webpack, ReactJS, modern css preprocessors, HTML5, responsive design and more. The ideal candidate is hands-on and thrives in a fluid, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment with a passion for learning and innovating.
* Passion for creating efficient, scalable UI interfaces.
* Excellent knowledge of responsive design techniques.
* Ability to write clean, scalable, and reusable code.
* Ability to translate Photoshop mockups into fully functional pixel-perfect features.
* Proven knowledge of front end optimization, performance techniques and solving cross-browser compatibility issues.
* Understanding and appreciation of object oriented programming concepts.
* Ability to work with backend engineers to design, build, and test reusable REST APIs.
* Working knowledge of version control systems (preferably Git).
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Experience with front end frameworks such as React.
* Understanding of CSS pre-processing technologies such as Sass or LESS.
* Knowledge of Java or other programming languages.
* Experience with Spring, Grails, Rails, or other application frameworks.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That's how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you-plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com-you're free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we're just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day-fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.
Take a look at careers.ipsy.com for some exciting opportunities to join our team. And check us out at ipsy.com, @ipsyofficial on Snapchat, and @ipsy on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
Ipsy is a provider of a social networking service that allows users to share their personal beauty ideas and products with others and enables users to get beauty tips from stylists.