Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Communications team is looking for a web engineer to build and improve products (like Twitch Chat!) that enable broadcasters and viewers to communicate on Twitch.
By joining our team, you'll move quickly to ship social features that have high visibility, high impact, and polished user experiences. You will work with React, TypeScript, and GraphQL to build user delightful products. We also work with centralized teams who develop robust web tooling and reusable UI components to streamline our development workflow.
You'll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all these then we encourage you to apply. If you only meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you'd be great at, we encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you'll bring something unique to the team, we encourage you to apply.
* Collaborate with product, design, and data science roles to shape our product vision, launch features, and run experiments
* Cultivate engineering best practices and push forward web architecture
* Participate and lead code and design reviews
* Participate in design and architecture sessions with other product and team leads
* 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing web applications at scale
* Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Fluency with React, Redux, GraphQL, TypeScript
* Experience benchmarking and tuning web performance
* Fluency in data structures, algorithms, data modeling, and schema design
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.