Front End Software Engineer at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for pragmatic Front End Software Engineers to help lead the development of cutting-edge applications for real-time trading operations, data visualizations, and technology administration. Our Front End Software Engineers participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to testing to deployment. Successful candidates are detail oriented, excellent problem-solvers who thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
What our Front End Software Engineers do
Our Front End Software Engineers develop and enhance our proprietary trading software platform that our traders use every day. We work in a collaborative team environment which encourages constant learning and innovation from all levels of the company. At Belvedere, you work with the best, learn with the best, and create the best proprietary software imaginable.
More specifically, our Front End Software Engineers
* Design, implement and debug complex windows or web applications for trading desks
* Partner with team members to ensure that our software meets requirements and is testable
* Communicate with project managers and team leaders to develop work strategies
* Work closely with end-users to ensure a positive and engaging user experience
Key qualities in great candidates
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design principles
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
* Passion for front-end technology and improving user experience
* Desire to continuously learn in a team environment
* Great written and verbal communication skills
* Graduation date of December 2019 or May/June 2020 (start date of summer 2020)
* Extra credit: Experience with .NET and/or the financial industry!
* Extra credit: Prior experience with web development
* Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodity, interest rate, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. You name it, we trade it. This wouldn't be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Not sure what this means? No sweat. Our in-house learning and development team, Belvedere Trading University (BTU), will teach you most everything you need to know.
You should know we've created a company and a culture that we love. One that we want you to strive and thrive in, regardless of your position or tenure. Team Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
* All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
* No third-party recruiters
Refer to a Friend
Copyright 2019 Belvedere Trading. All rights reserved. Powered by ApplicantStack™ Applicant Tracking System