Title Software Engineer, Front End
We are seeking Front End Software Engineer with a passion to build great software who can help us grow a modern web-based, front end stack to join our growing engineering team. You will be responsible for designing and implementing EPFR Global's web-based User Interfaces for our customer facing products. You will be working on developing software that is used to deliver large, complex datasets to our worldwide customers. Your ideas and contributions will directly influence the company's future. Your primary focus will be on frontend development, however, there are plenty of opportunities to leverage your backend development skills as well, if desired. You will be working in a Scrum environment so a commitment to collaborative problem solving is essential.
* Have 3+ years' experience building complex, modern web applications.
* Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Ability to take ownership of a project and execute it with technical excellence
* Desire to get involved in the User Experience design process with end-users.
* Translate requirements into high-quality, testable, scalable software.
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
* Be a team player and collaborate with and train others in the organization as needed.
* Develop wireframe mockups and documentation throughout the SDLC.
* Participate in client meetings (on occasion) to gain insight into how clients use the product.
* Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML is required.
* Experience with modern browser technologies is required.
* HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility is required.
* Knowledge of frontend integration with REST APIs is preferred.
Nice to have
* Familiarity with design and architectural patterns to build scalable, maintainable, and testable software is a plus.
* Proficiency with GitHub and Jira is a plus.
* Familiarity with TeamCity or other build system for building and deploying front end code is a plus.
* Financial Experience is a plus, particularly with visualization frameworks for charting data points.
Our Business Intelligence Division provides the niche, sector-specific intelligence and analysis that gives customers a competitive advantage. We focus on the areas that are most valuable to customers: where intelligence can be directly integrated into their workflow and practices, and where it is predictive and prescriptive, targeted at what will happen and what actions businesses can take, rather than what has happened already.
The Division's sector focus, deep specialism, long-standing brands and investment in digital platforms and delivery sets us apart from peers. Learn more about the six verticals Business Intelligence serves within the Divisions section.
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
What makes Informa different:
* Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
* Competitive Benefits with 401k match
* Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
* Work- Life Balance
* Paid parental leave
Informa provides knowledge, up-to-the minute information, and specialist skills and services to academics, businesses, and individuals.