How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Full stack Applications Developer to develop, enhance, and maintain enterprise / departmental IT systems. This position requires in-depth hands on experience developing software in a team environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication, and continual tradecraft improvements are the norm. Must have excellent debugging skills, work independently, and interact well with others. Must have a TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance. This position is located in the Herndon area.
* BS/BA in Software Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proficient in Java
* Must know to use an IDE to code (ex - IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans)
* Experience with relational databases (ex - Oracle / MySql)
* Experience with interacting in a Linux environment (ex - Bash scripting, VI)
* Ability to work well with others as well as independently (MUST leave ego at the door)
* Ability to work well in a constantly evolving work environment
* Experience with front end development (ex - Angular 2+, React, HTML, CSS, JQuery)
* Experience search architecture (ex - Solr, ElasticSearch)
* Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex - GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins)
* Hands on experience with cloud technology (AWS / C2S)
* Experience in an Agile environment
* Experience with testing frameworks (ex - Junit, Mockito, Swagger, Postman)
* Experience with web services (REST) and service oriented architecture (SOA) - Spring Boot, Tomcat
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree highly desired plus ten (10) years of experience. Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree. 138123
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.