About the teamWe believe every home buyer deserves to collaborate with one of the best real estate agents in the industry. As a member of Agent Connections team, you'll play a critical role in connecting Zillow Group's home shoppers with supportive, capable agents who will work with them to find the home of their dreams.
Our team focuses on meeting the needs of consumers by connecting them with a helpful agent at the right time. We sit at the center of multiple strategic efforts to build and improve software systems critical to Zillow Group's primary source of revenue, from consumer facing experiences to key backend services and databases. The features you build as part of this team will be integral to the Premier Agent business that earns the majority of the company's revenue.
Our technical stack consists of:
* React and Redux on the front end
* Java and Python on the backend
* SQL and No-SQL data stores: SQL Server for relational storage, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and Redis for document/key-value storage
About the role
You will contribute directly to Zillow Group's core business: connecting home buyers with outstanding real estate agents.
You'll build features that have enormous impact on the experience of our most important customers, directly impacting the short and long term success of both their personal businesses as well as Zillow Group. You'll collaborate across our many brands on products that allow agents to integrate deeply with our platform, grow and manage their business, and react to feedback from home shoppers. You'll also work on consumer-facing experiences that help buyers evaluate, connect, and collaborate with great agents.
We're looking for you to be adaptable, pragmatic, and creative as we pursue and solve new problems and continue to push our technology forward. If you enjoy working in a supportive, yet challenging environment that encourages creativity, ownership, and career growth, come and join us.
Wondering if we're the right team for you? You'll excel on this team if:
* You're motivated by designing and developing new products, creating compelling visual experiences to delight the user.
* You prefer to iterate quickly and ship code when it's ready.
* You're excited to research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow.
* You own the quality of your feature work through test automation and monitoring.
* You're looking to work with and a collaborative, passionate, and friendly team
* You're passionate about setting standard methodologies and raising the bar for testing, code quality, and maintainability - not only for the team, but the entire engineering organization.
You'll have the opportunity to:
* Play a meaningful role on a mission-critical software team that builds and maintains experiences used by hundreds of millions of home shoppers every month.
* Work at one of Seattle's most highly-rated workplaces, providing the stability of an established company combined with the growth potential of a rapidly expanding business.
* Enjoy an outstanding work-life balance with frequent, high quality releases and no on call duty.
* Work with highly capable teammates and combine your creative solutions with the latest industry tools and design patterns to advance our shared technical vision.
Who you are
* 3+ years of software development experience
* A proven track record of high productivity in designing, coding, debugging web applications
* Strong grasp on front-end technologies (JS, HTML, CSS) required
* Experience working with modern web technologies like React, Redux, vue.js, etc.
Get to know usZillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle -- for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers - and we're well on our way. No matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.