Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools our first responders rely on. We're seeking a front end web engineer to help build features for Mark43’s major cities clients. You will work closely with a small team dedicated to bringing new bespoke features to life. We are using technologies like Backbone, Knockout and React to tackle unique enterprise challenges not found in the consumer web world and working to add even more unique features to our marquee client’s system. You will also have the opportunity to interact directly with our clients, and can expect to enhance your client facing and business requirements understanding.
What you can expect to work on:
- Working on a small, specialized team of engineers dedicated to serving our marquee clients and future major cities
- Continuously improving your coding skills while working alongside a talented and high performing engineering team
- Collaborating closely with product and client facing teams to understand feature requirements
- Nurturing an engineering culture that cares deeply about the quality of the code we write, while still working quickly to bring our technology to as many departments as possible
- An interest in GovTech and the public safety space
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of web architecture concepts including HTTP and REST
- Experience supporting continuous integration and automated testing
- Familiarity with cross browser compatibility
- Willingness to contribute to technical discussions and defend your opinions
What you can expect from us:
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including design, product management, implementation, and customer success
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies