MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading to achieve and exceed our goals.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Strong UI development skills with good UX experience
* Driven individual with strong analytical, design and architecture skills
* Ability to efficiently work within a global team
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Good team player and good interpersonal skills
* Self-starter and able to work in a high paced environment
* Must be willing to handle first line support calls and work on a support rota
* Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales
* Full Stack Developer with 3+ years of experience in developing web applications using HTML5/React.JS/AngularJS/Angular on Typescript
* Good knowledge of core Java and middle tier systems
* Real time streaming using Websockets, and Restful services
* Web development frameworks with NodeJS, Gulp etc
* Frameworks and components like Bootstrap, ag-Grid etc
* Familiarity with testing frameworks (Karma, Jasmine, PhantomJS, Selenium, Cucumber) and concepts of Test Driven Development, Regression and Parametric Testing
* Strong skills in Web services, Spring, Vert-x to support Rest and Websockets
* Strong OO design skills and experience
* Design Patterns knowledge
* View servers, such as AMPS
* Linux / Unix skills including scripting (shell)
* Working experience with databases
* Experience in developing distributed real-time systems
* Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.