Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Finance Technology team in Herndon, VA is currently hiring a Front-End Engineer. These Agile Teams are working on building capabilities to price all Fannie Mae assets & liabilities to market price. The application is transitioning towards a microservices & micro front-end based architecture using technologies like React, Spring, Spring Cloud, Python, EDL & Data Visualization. Our management philosophy is based on servant leadership. Our architectural philosophy is Evolutionary Architecture. We operate on agile principles, giving the teams the decision-making capabilities and time to innovate, mature & evolve.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Proficient in the fundamentals of unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. React.js, Angular, Backbone.js, etc).
* Understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
* Awareness of analysis/design engineering functions.
* Ability to learn and apply behavior-driven testing techniques.
* Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new or revised application.
* Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
* Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
* Understand and utilize Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
* May respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production
* Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts.
* Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
1 year of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* 6 months of experience building front-end applications using HTML5, CSS3, JS, SASS/LESS
* Experience with Client-side frameworks: React.js, Angular, or Backbone.js, etc.
* Passionate about learning new things.
* Writes testable code with modularity as fundamental approach.
* Create, define, and manage reusable UI code components.
* Demonstrate ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit so people can buy, refinance, or rent homes.