The AWS Insights team is looking for talented and passionate senior engineers with strong technical and business systems backgrounds to build new invoicing, payments and financial reconciliation services and products. This position is not for implementing or supporting existing software packages but rather for development of new systems and customer facing features that are critical to the success of our customer's businesses and directly impact AWS's growth and international expansion efforts.
Cloud computing services are in the process of disrupting the world's financial paradigms. The convergence of technology and finance and the modernization of payment systems offers exciting and unique opportunities to redefine the way consumers purchase goods and services as well as how business is transacted globally. Literally every business has a need to bill and collect from their customers, and most businesses don't have the expertise or capital to own and operate a global payments platform.
The AWS Commerce Platform enables customers to purchase AWS products and services, generating billions of dollars in revenue. Our teams provide customers with a world class customer experience around managing, paying and reporting on invoices and payments. You will have the opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of customers globally, creating products used by thousands of companies worldwide, and contributing to the continued success and expansion of Amazon Retail, Digital, Business and, of course, AWS.
As an engineer within Commerce Platform, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers. You will interface with many teams across AWS including our Financial and Accounting groups. You will also be working with integrating directly with customers systems.
In this senior role you will serve as the technical lead on our most demanding projects. You will be responsible for driving the team's technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture. You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing and machine learning, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation systems.
We are building global invoicing solutions, high scale payment processing systems and financial reconciliation integration's that will seamlessly meet B2B needs for AWS customers. In order to meet the needs of AWS's businesses, these next generation services must have self-service features, be configuration driven, and deliver superior operational excellence. Additionally, AWS services need to be highly scalable, extremely secure, and have near real time response times.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
* Work with a team of software development engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
* Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
* Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
* Work closely with other teams across AWS and Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
* Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
* Mentor a large group of people with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
* Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
* Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
Come join us if you are passionate about building products and teams with an "AWS scale" business impact!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.