Join the fast-growing startup that is changing the conversation around pharmacy benefits.
Based in San Francisco, SmithRx was founded in 2016 to create a technology-driven and cost-competitive pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) that offers clients a flexible, customer-centric product. "Our focus is on building the next generation pharmacy benefits partner that enables choice, aligns incentives, and surfaces insights to improve care delivery," says SmithRx Founder & CEO Jake Frenz. "Innovation has lagged in the PBM sector, and our team is dedicated to accelerating change."
SmithRx administers and manages pharmacy benefits for B2B customers so they may provide a seamless experience for employees purchasing prescription drugs. Each year, nearly half a trillion dollars flow through pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), with three large companies controlling 75%+ market share.SmithRx offers a new path forward that aligns incentives and harnesses data analytics to deliver an exceptional pharmacy benefit product.
The company brings together experience at from healthcare companies including Anthem, Humana, Collective Health, Castlight Health, and CVS Caremark, as well as a broader set of technology leaders including LinkedIn, Upwork, Glassdoor, and Earnest, to solve what we believe is one of the largest-yet least-recognized-problems in the healthcare industry.
Front End Engineer
As a Software Engineer at SmithRx, you will work with a team of talented developers working on a modern technology platform that creates new levels of flexibility, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. You'll build high-impact features and work in Node.JSand React, while leveraging extensive testing, Docker, Rancher, CI and CD to help us iterate quickly and safely. We're looking for driven and dedicated engineers that enjoy doing things the right way to join our team.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Produce high-quality software that is well-designed, maintainable, unit tested, code reviewed and checked regularly for continuous integration
* Work with product managers and senior leadership to turn technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
* Gain a deep understanding of the technical challenges that SmithRx faces
* Be the cornerstone of a collaborative learning culture through mentorship, code reviews, the exploration of new technologies, and other innovations you'd like to experiment with
* Work closely with a small, dynamic, Engineering Team to make sure all systems remain HIPAA compliant
We're Looking For Somebody With:
* 5+ years of experience building consumer facing web applications using modern frameworks
* 3+ years of experience in React and related libraries like Redux
* Knowledge of server-side technologies like Node.JS
* Strong Computer Science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
* Disciplined approach to software development
* Ability to work on features independently as well as in a collaborative team environment and meet required schedules and timelines
* Experience in healthcare or other high availability real-time systems a plus
* BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits
* Competitive compensation packages
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision packages for all full time employees and their dependents
* 401k benefit with company match
* Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
* Catered lunches every Tuesday and Wednesday
* Commuter subsidy
* Mobile phone subsidy