Front-end Engineer - AWS IoT Applications Team
Do you want to build a new AWS product?
We are seeking a front-end engineer to join our team for a brand-new initiative. AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Analytics & Applications team's goal is to deliver higher-order IoT services to help customers build solutions and integrate the benefits of IoT quickly, easily and cost effectively.
Imagine a world where connected devices and their data are ubiquitous. There will be 50 billion connected devices in 2020, and any powered device can become connected. What problems would you solve if you knew the state of everything in the world? Would you improve crop yields and fight hunger, enable fleets of autonomous electric vehicles to replace cars, save lives with medical equipment that orders a repair for itself, or make every home a smart home? Front-end engineers on the AWS IoT Applications Team are enabling customers to build this connected future.
If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when the power of cloud and ubiquitous connected devices are combined - from interactive smart buildings, autonomous mines, self-monitoring medical devices, precision agriculture and more, we have the right role for you.
You are customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and for the business and technology impacts that IoT represents. We're truly an agile shop: we work closely with customers, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed. We are looking for front-end engineers to build user interfaces and services and share our vision for continuously improving the customer experience,.
As a software engineer on the team:
* You will contribute to technical strategies, vision, and architecture
* You will work on modern web technologies like React and Typescript to build highly interactive user interfaces
* You will define optimal customer experience for building IoT solutions
* You will design and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible
* You will work as a part of 2 pizza team (8-10 people) in a multi-disciplinary environment with product managers, software development engineers, UX designers, design technologists, and user researchers.
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented front-end engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer experience for AWS IoT Applications. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, want to see a direct impact on real customer use cases, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.