Front End Developer 2
At Asurion, we don't just redefine-we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn't confined by a hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It's in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference-for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000 team members can reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
Located in Sterling, Virginia, the techworks team at Asurion is developing customized solutions in partnership with other technology teams and collaborating on cutting-edge big data platforms that provide analytics and insights that drive our business objectives. We are responsible for developing technical solutions and applications that are used by Asurion's partners, including top-tier retailers, communication providers, and entertainment distributors. We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We work in a small, empowered team that has a clear goal and leverage the creativity of all members of the team.
* Integration of server-side logic to user-facing elements
* Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
* Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
* Implementation of security and data protection
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* 1 years of front-end development
* Preferred experience with React & Node.js
* Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
* Understanding accessibility and security compliance
* User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
* Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
* Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
* Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
* Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
* Familiarity with data serialization formats like xml, json
* Experience/exposure with various database engine technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL and others.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field