Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of physician and pharmacist editors, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced clinical decision support solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
Do you want to use your skills and talent to make a meaningful impact on healthcare? Do you want exposure to cutting edge technologies, as well as advanced UX fields such as interactive Voice design for example? Come join our team of clinicians, designers, and technologists who are building patient engagement applications that are impacting hundreds of thousands of lives every day.
As a mission-based organization committed to getting things right, we're investing in cutting edge healthcare technology solutions to meet the strategic needs of our customers. Reporting into the Patient Engagement product development team based at the heart of downtown Chicago, this role is essential to develop the leading patient engagement applications for a top global healthcare technology company.
We are looking for a talented, Software Engineer, that will take on key project roles in software development while meeting deadlines and functionality expectations. The ideal candidate should be willing to take on challenges of unknown dimensions, and work hand in hand with designers and customers and will need to have very strong technical skills, deep curiosity, business acumen, and the ability to think fast and act fast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop software applications as part of the patient engagement development team
* Collaborate with product managers, designers, clinicians, and software engineers
* Collaborate with architects to adopt and implement proper product architecture
* Collaborate with other technology teams to determine requirements for and integrate with existing products
* Plan and execute tasks within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Follow best practices and standards for coding
* Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies and bring ideas forward
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
* Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field
* 5+ years of experience in software development. Commercial software development experience is a plus.
* Experience in object-oriented design principles
* Experience coding responsive layouts, creating CSS animations, and using CSS preprocessors.
* Experience with RESTful API development with NodeJS or Java/Spring is a plus.
* Knowledge of relational databases or NoSQL databases is a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Healthcare experience is a strong plus
* Ability and willingness to rapidly learn new technologies
* Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening), with ability to build
positive working relationships across multiple groups within the organization
* Ability to work with ambiguity and utilize sound judgement and decision-making skills
* Proven ability to work and collaborate with subject matter experts and customers
Travel Requirements: 0 -- 5%
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY). For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is