Imagine new horizons....
This is an excellent opportunity to join our web development team based in Waltham, working on advanced Drupal 8 web-based applications in an agile development team. As a key contributor in the team you will be involved in all aspects of application development including interpreting requirements, design, development, maintenance and testing. You will need a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JS, etc.) and a rich understanding of current design trends. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred.
As a leading member of the Digital Team, you will work closely with our internal clients, designers, business stakeholders and the rest of the development team to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation. This role will be responsible for collaborating with the design and UX team to formulate effective, fluid designs and transposing those requirements into a working theme.
What will your job be?
* Build a functional production Drupal 8 website from the code delivered by a design vendor or internal resources
* Create custom themes, templates and features as well as enhance existing Drupal 8 customizations
* Build user interfaces, designing and developing responsive websites
* Update or enhance existing applications based on requirements
* Source control will be done through Git with a need to maintain and merge branches across teams
Your key success factors
* Expert level experience with Drupal 8 development practices and principles
> Understand CSS changes and produce consistent styles across platforms/browsers
> Build responsive, modular CSS with SASS that plays well across multiple browsers, platforms and devices including smartphones and tablets
> Convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
> Create new themes and adhere to user-centered UX design
> Project leadership, management, scoping, and delivery
* Work onsite at Dassault Systèmes 175 Wyman Street Waltham, MA.
* Strong communication skills in two parts: 1.) very strong writing skills utilizing the rules of English grammar; 2.) verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral (speaking) communication skills in English
* Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
* Expert level knowledge of server side scripting languages - primarily PHP
* DOM manipulation and AJAX-enabled UIs are easy and standard operating procedure.
* Experience with relational database development, best practices, MySQL database development
Nice to have, not required
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technical equivalent
* Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies
* LAMP development environment, including Terminal, SSH, and Bash
* Strong skills in open source development workflow using Git forks and pull requests
* Debugging client-side issues with firebug, web developer and similar tools.
* Understanding of technical project management processes with experience leading projects
* Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
* Highly organized with critical attention to details
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience that is above average in the local community. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match, 3 weeks' vacation and 8 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
About Dassault Systemes
Dassault Systemes provides project lifecycle management solutions that enable businesses to create and share experiences in 3D.