About the Role
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office. As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you're working, but understand when it's time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to enable an engineering organization to write and maintain great code.
* As part of a scrum team, provide technical direction for and be a key contributor to the development of front-end tooling and CD pipelines to enable development teams to move faster.
* Collaborate with architects and development teams to understand the team needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs.
* Mentor junior members on best practices, architecture, and development
* Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
* Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture.
* Several years developing large scale performant front-end web applications
* Expert knowledge working with Git in a CI/CD environment
* Experience with front-end development frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
* Experience with unit testing and test driven development
* Ability to clearly articulate engineering design proposals and reflect feedback in their work
Nice to Haves
* Experience with Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration testing framework
* Experience with React and/or Backbone/Marionette
* Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
* Strong collaboration and influence skills
* Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
* Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
* Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
* Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team