The Front End Development Manager will lead a geographically
support Kaiser Permanente-s Web presence.
Responsible for Front End development support and ensuring that all Internet projects developed adhere to Web code standards, site architecture, and functional requirements in a form that supports both national and regional goals. This position performs Web page development and manages Web site structure and deployment. This position interfaces with national and regional clients regarding Web page structure and production approaches for client projects. Web Interface Development manages and leads the team of Web Interface Developers, interfaces with national and regional clients regarding Web page structure, and leads development, deployment, and production strategies for client projects.
* Practical knowledge of Front End Web Development,
including HTML5, CSS / SASS, Responsive Web Design, coding for accessibility, version
control, continuous integration, JS frameworks, and task runners
* Experience with enterprise content management
systems such as Adobe Experience Manager or HP TeamSite
* Previous experience coordinating the work of
off-shore production a plus!
* Develops, revises, and manages coding standards and guidelines, and ensures that they are applied consistently by developers and that they are in accordance with industry best-practices and Kaiser Permanente's business needs. Also, takes the lead to develop and manage development methodologies within the DCU practice. May also lead such discussions with WDG and other development groups.
* Manages project intake, delivery, documentation, and code review processes. Regularly reviews processes for possible efficiency gains.
* Manages staff development strategies and processes - including hiring, evaluation, promotion, termination, learning, and career development. Participates in staffing strategy and long term planning of staff size, composition, and skill sets.
* Participates in interdepartmental committees and task forces to evaluate kp.org strategies, initiatives, and overarching changes. Can lead subcommittees and lead discussion on enterprise development processes.
* Maintains expertise in Web technologies and assesses department capabilities with respect to the state-ofthe- art technologies, tools, and methodologies. Acts as internal consultant to business units looking for innovative solutions.
* Minimum three (3) years of management.
* Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Requires advanced knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of multiple related functions.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience preferred.
* Minimum eight (8) years of related experience preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Green Street/IDS 99 S. Oakland Ave. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 9:00 AM Working Hours End: 6:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports Job Category: Information Technology Department: Digital Delivery and Operations Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >