Symplicity is seeking a Front End Developer with full stack aspirations who will help us transform the education technology landscape. Our team is building the world's leading student success software solutions. Deployed at over 1,300 colleges and universities, we have helped over 26 million students realize their dreams. The design team at Symplicity practices user-centered research, experience design and UI development in collaboration with our colleagues in Product Management, Engineering, Client Success and Sales. This is a full-time role on an agile team devoted to an individual product.
* Collaborate with teammates, using Agile SCRUM methodology, on development strategy and level of effort.
* Build the UI of both client-side (Angular, SASS, and Webpack) and server-rendered (PHP/Smarty, jQuery) modules.
* Research and recommend the use of open source modules that meet UI requirements.
* Code universally accessible user experiences that are WCAG 2.0 compliant.
* Use and build upon style guide documentation and other relevant documentation.
* Practice test-driven development.
* Present best-practices to teammates across the company.
* Bachelor's Degree (U.S. or Foreign Equivalent) in Digital Media, Computer Science, Information Technology, or an Engineering related field, or equivalent experience.
* 2-5 years of relevant non-academic experience in Web or UI development.
* Knowledge of Angular and version control (SVN or GIT)
* Prior experience working within product development teams in an Agile environment.
We are the market leader in employability solutions. We help companies find talent, we help Higher Ed bridge the skills gap and we help recent college graduates launch their careers. Used by over 30 million students worldwide, our comprehensive suite of products touches the full life cycle of a student. From admission to alumni engagement, Symplicity's products cover career services, advising, student conduct, campus life as well as housing & residence life. Symplicity is proud to be an equal and diverse Employer. EEO/AAP/M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Symplicity Corporation is a developer of SaaS-based software that enables institutions to streamline processes, improve outcomes and build relationships with their students and customers.