Lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
What would it be like to work for a digital agency network like no other? IBM Interactive Experience is seeking a Front-End Development Lead who is eager to find out.
As a Development Lead (Front-End), you will have the proven experience and knowledge needed to lead new business opportunities and deliver technology solutions for our new and existing clients.
* Design and plan large and complex custom web applications, including focus on Single Page Applications (SPAs).
* Work with multi-track project/program teams on a day-to-day basis to understand business requirements and lead User Interface (UI) design, implementation, and build efforts
* Ability to play a client-facing role in large and complex organizations, preferably working in an agency environment
* Manage client relationships and engage in business development
* Review project estimates and assess impact of project risks
* Serve as "hands-on" escalation point to identify and suggest approaches to resolve project issues
* Lead, structure, and scope a unified framework and code library
* Support vendor evaluation and decisions on technology investments
* Willingness to coach and mentor junior team members
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* Expertise in development and debugging of front-end web applications
* Expert knowledge of responsive web design
* Expertise with HTML5, CSS and preprocessors such as SASS, LESS
* Expertise translating design assets into code
* Working knowledge of common web development best practices
* Working knowledge of web optimization strategies
* Working knowledge of building back-end applications using Node.js
* Experience with build tools such as: Grunt, Gulp, Browserify, CommonJS, RequireJS, Webpack
* Working knowledge of Object-Oriented and/or Functional Programming
* Willingness to travel as necessary based on project requirements (up to 75%)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Internships with applied knowledge
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Technical Specialist
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:242717BR
* Location:CHICAGO, IL US