Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a collaborative startup environment, join us.
As a Front End Developer on the User Experience Engineering Team (UXE), you'll work with us to create frameworks and tools that enable Redfin Engineering teams to build great user experiences quickly and consistently. UXE works closely with designers and feature teams to help engineers turn designs into products. As a remote team member in our new Frisco, Texas engineering office, you'll be a critical point of contact with teams there as they grow and establish best practices.
UXE builds trustworthy front-end frameworks that anchor the features and applications used by Redfin customers and real estate agents. We act as the interface between Design and Engineering, making sure the React components we build are high quality, reliable, and easy to use. We strive to make our UI libraries easy to maintain, encouraging developers to contribute to the software they use and assisting them with consultation and tools. Our work on React Native is creating a cutting-edge platform on which other teams can build new mobile experiences for our agents.
Who you are
* You are a developer who thinks like an end user, who knows that 99% done is only half done, and who can build rock-solid code that will withstand millions of users hammering on it.
* You love clean, simple user interfaces, and you wonder what you could have done to make your last project better.
* You enjoy working with a smart, talented team who will help you learn and grow as an engineer.
* You listen to multiple viewpoints, disagree constructively, and respect peers' opinions and ideas.
* More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
As a developer on the User Experience Engineering team, you'll collaborate with engineers and designers to create, build, and improve the user interface elements powering Redfin features. Passionate about how design and performance impact user experiences? We work on that too. Our team's purpose is to multiply the effectiveness of engineers across the company.
* You'll mentor peers, identify ways to improve developer workflows, and make it easy for them to build features.
* You'll work closely with other engineering teams - our customers and peers - to understand requirements and develop, test, and deploy components.
* You'll contribute to UI libraries used by the entire Redfin Engineering organization and millions of daily users. UXE specializes in building clean front-end components and improving their performance, functionality, and user experience.
* You'll help us improve our React and React Native utilities and research newer, better alternatives and solutions.
* Experience with architectural patterns, frameworks, API design and building large-scale applications.
* Experience creating reusable front-end patterns - components, configurations, decorators, styles, etc - a plus.
* Exposure to full-stack technologies like Java and REST is a plus.
* Experience collaborating across multiple locations
What We Offer
* A mission that matters. So far, we've helped over 54,000 people buy and sell homes, saving them over $336M in fees!
* Management that is interested in helping you grow as an engineer and motivated to making our work environment as productive as possible.
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants.
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company that provides real estate search and brokerage services.