Then we'd love to talk to you about developing new sites, marketing pages, webinars, marketing emails, sales videos, and anything else you can think of, to help people invest their hard-earned money more effectively and profitably.
Our purpose at The Motley Fool is to help people be Smarter, Happier, and Richer. And our investment management division, Motley Fool Money Management, was created in direct response to members asking us, "Can you please just manage my money FOR me?"
Our portfolio managers aren't the stuffy kind… located on the 31st floor of a marble-tower investment bank in a 3-piece suit and cufflinks. They are Foolish investors, committed to the principles and promise of the same buy-and-hold investing ethos for which The Motley Fool is known.
With an online presence reaching way back into the early days of America Online in the nineties, The Motley Fool lives and breathes online, and we are always working to both create new assets and improve our existing websites, online experiences, and marketing.
Motley Fool Money Management is looking for people with solid hands-on work experience building beautiful, fast, and functional web pages, landing pages, order pages, marketing emails, webinar experiences, marketing videos… and any other marketing assets you've mastered that we haven't even thought of yet.
We are a motley crew, and each of us chooses a 'motley' phrase that describes the unique perspective we bring to the Fool. We love people with opinions formed from broad experience that have the talent to remix them with others in awesome ways.
Although The Motley Fool is a well-established company, our money management division is much younger and looking to gain significant traction in a short amount of time, in what we believe is tremendous growth ahead of us.
We'd love to work with you if:
* You have ideas: You will be a critical member of a 4-person marketing team that provides the entirety of the marketing we rely on for growth and sustainability as a business. If you are passionate about how we can get our word out to prospective clients, and how we can communicate with existing clients to improve their experience in a way that is mutually beneficial to our clients and our business, we want to give your ideas a platform to perform. If you spend your time scouring the best-in-class marketing efforts on the web, and understand what it takes to convert a prospective client into a paying client, we want to talk to you!
* You solve problems: You think through things, can spot issues and inefficiencies, and aren't afraid to suggest solutions and then dive in to implement them. You know when to go looking for input from others, and are constantly looking for ways to improve our code, processes, and people.
* You pay attention to detail: We are both a small team and work in an industry that is regulated by the regulators. We have to pursue our work with intention and accountability because our clients are counting on us to take good care of their money and their ability to reach their goals. We are looking for someone who actively pulls in other team members to review your code and understand the value of testing when necessary.
* You're curious and love to learn: Whether it's the latest technology, how the Foolish business operates, or investing; you have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. And, you love to share with your fellow Fools - dropping links in Slack is like breathing for you.
* You take pride in your work: The thought of a client seeing a 500 error page keeps you up at night. When a client cannot access a web page you've sent them or is frustrated because they cannot readily find the information they need, you take it personally. You want to ensure that every client has a great experience with Motley Fool Money Management because of what you build.
* You're an entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable moving quickly and trying new things, with a commitment to quality since we work in a regulated space.
* Experience creating marketing assets for the purpose of attracting new potential customers and selling or converting to paying customers.
* Experience building responsive web experiences.
* Experience and skillset for tracking and attribution of user activity (views, clicks, downloads, data capture, conversions/orders, etc).
* Online portfolio that showcases your talent.
* True desire to work on a team, and pitch in to help that team succeed.
Additional nice to haves:
* Wagtail, WordPress
* WCAG AA 2.0
* Mailchimp, Selligent