"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
* Translates designs and style guides provided by the UI/UX team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
* Builds software applications - Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture, new technologies and business processes
* Protectively communicate and coordinate with multiple project teams
* Owns success - Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions
* US Citizens or Green Card Holders only - must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
* BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and certifications.
* Minimum Qualifications:
* 4-6 years of design/development experience
* Understanding of AJAX - asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and integrating browser applications with REST web services
* HTML 5 proficiency
* Strong understanding of CSS3, and CSS pre-processing platforms such as SASS and LESS
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser idiosyncrasies/compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and SVN
* Experience with build automation tools (Jenkins)
* Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
* Strong customer service/client service skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.