Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Front-End Software Engineers (Hiring at various levels)
We are the digiTECH organization within Capital One and are responsible for the foundation for every digital experience and interaction that customers have with us. We establish a customer's identity and ensure customer accounts, personal information and digital experience is safe and protected. We also offer a foundation and extendable template that extends a set of horizontal services and patterns to solve business problems. We have multiple platforms which integrate across the entire company and enable API's to be used by a number of lines of business.
The ideal candidate should:
* Possess design and coding skills and a zeal for building applications using open source frameworks for cloud native technologies
* Will be responsible for all aspects of SDLC of existing and new components
* Is hands-on building UI using Angular 4+ with Typescript, Node.js, CSS/SCSS and HTML and backend microservices using Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL and Tomcat with full ownership of shipping user-facing enterprise product
* Focus on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
* Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in a full-stack development tools and technologies
* Possess a strong sense of engineering quality and takes pride in the code they're responsible for while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It You Own It attitude
* Ability to lead other engineers
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of experience developing RESTful APIs
* Master's, or Minor in Computer Science
* 2+ years of experience in one of Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
* 1+ years of experience in developing UNIX and Shell Scripts
* 1+ years of experience in testing frameworks: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, or SoapUI
* 1+ years of experience in container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or Amazon ECS
* 1+ years of experience providing enterprise Linux-based systems administration
* 1+ years of experience with Artifactory, Nexus and GitHub
* Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
* At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.