FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe (Services) Limited
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Developer to join our Investments AI team in our New York office. Our Investments AI team develops AI-first products (apps and services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users) for our AIG Investment group. Our mandate includes: incubation of disruptive innovation (through scientists, engineers and designers working together), machine learning R&D, machine learning advisory / consultancy to AIG's global businesses. The resulting solutions and innovations aim to reinvent AIG's internal processes and improve AIG's offerings to its clients.
As a critical role in Investments AI's success, we are looking to hire a Front-End Developer to join our team and contribute to the development of apps/ products - part of a series of exciting new projects in AIG's global Investments AI team, solving complex business problems. This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art R&D and be challenged and grow in the field of "AI-first" software/ product development. This this role will contribute to game-changing products for AIG Investments team who currently have over 300 billion dollars of assets under management.
* Take ownership of a significant part of the team's solution development
* Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications being created
* Translate user stories and wireframes into a reliable, responsive experience
* Contribute to Peer Review process to ensure code quality
* Play an active role in the development and delivery of the team's technology roadmap, and the design and delivery of necessary trainings and workshops.
* Solid grasp of the web fundamentals (e.g. ES6, HTML and CSS extensions such as SASS)
* Demonstrated experience interpreting user journeys and UI Designs; seeking clarification where necessary
* Broad understanding of algorithms and data structures
* Demonstrated experience with UI testing frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, PhantomJS, Jest and others)
* Experience working with Agile methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles
* Good communication skills and be a team player
* Great attention to detail
* An understanding of visual design principles and rapid prototyping skills
* Experience developing desktop or mobile applications
* Cloud platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
* Familiarity with cross-environment build automation, and tool chain (e.g., Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)
* Familiarity with Continuous Deployment pipelines and configuration (e.g., Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
* Curiosity of latest Machine learning applications
* Understanding of accessibility best practices
* Portfolio of past experience (e.g., Blogs, Talks, contributions to Open Source)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.