Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer. Visit Vantiv.com for more.
Vantiv's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
This Software Engineer position involves working with a web application that provides our merchants the ability to process transactions via a Virtual Terminal website without the requirement of a POS or an expensive payment terminal. The engineer will assist with the planning, design and coding of new enhancements, assist with a large application upgrade and will provide production support/maintenance. Must be highly passionate about building web applications with a focus on frontend or full stack development.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Vantiv, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
* Develop new features for web applications that will include development across the full stack from front end UI to the API and backend database. Frontend web development is primary emphasis with api/backend development as needed.
* Assist with strategy, architecture, and development of a large application upgrade.
* Assist with maintenance and production support of existing products as needed.
* Participates in the agile process such as planning sessions to build stories and flush out requirements, sprint planning, daily scrums, and post sprint demos.
* Works with the team to properly design and develop new features within the agreed upon architecture and participates in code reviews.
* Delivers stable and tested features to QA and assists QA to ensure high quality outcomes.
* Communicates effectively with the team reporting progress, issues and roadblocks as needed.
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Assists others within areas of expertise and willing to mentor as needed.
* Continuously learn as technologies and the product evolves.
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
* AngularJs and/or Angular 2+
* Visual Studio, C#, .Net, Asp.net, IIS,
* SQL, MS SQL Server
* Webservices such as WebApi, WCF, JSON, REST
* Angular 2+/Typescript
* Material.IO, NGRX, RXJS
* Other web frameworks (React, Vue)
* Java, React/Vue considered in place of C#, Angular
* TDD, Jasmine, Karma or other client side TDD frameworks.
* TFS, GIT
* Asp.Net Webforms