Please Note - This posting is to help us build a pipeline of available Unity developers both local to Seattle and remote around the US. We may not have a specific need today, but we get a lot of inquires from clients wanting to work with us and new projects could hit tomorrow. Artefact is proud to have been rated by Fast Company as one of the top ten VR/AR companies to work with in the world.
If you are a Unity developer, developing your own games or enjoying the freelancing culture, then we encourage you to apply to this posting as our projects could provide you an additional source of income at different points in the year.
As a freelance Unity Game Developer at Artefact, you will collaborate with developers and designers to build beautiful, functional applications in the realm of Virtual and Augmented realities and 3d Data Visualization using a variety of cutting-edge technologies. You will develop exceptional user interfaces, and never shy away from learning new tools and technologies when the need presents itself.
* Build 3d content for virtual reality using Unity and C#
* Import data from databases or APIs and apply to 3d visualizations
* Own and complete core client side technical features
* Proficiently execute Unity-related items such as animations, UI effects, and audio
* Work with artists and other team members to determine optimal formats, scales, pipeline improvements, and other elements for asset export to Unity
* Work with engineers and other team members to architect and scope feature details
* Debug problems, make builds, and help ship great, successful products!
* Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and computer science
* C# coding expertise
* Excellent understanding of 3D graphics pipeline
* Expert at importing and manipulating art assets in Unity Game engine
* You are awesome at 3d math
* Strong understanding of SVN or related version control software
* Ability to translate any design into a working product with minimal supervision
* Shader experience highly desirable
* Experience with UI programming, Graphics, Physics
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.