Title: Freelance Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Company/Location: New York
Department/Discipline: Project Management
Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy and Creativity
Overview: UX is a creative discipline and we're looking for someone to bring their passion for great digital interfaces to our agency. The ideal candidate has a background in creative arts, has a strong development background, thrives on solving puzzles and takes ownership of an initiative beyond their responsibilities. We're looking for someone who is passionate about the digital space, and will push boundaries.
* Creating documents that describe the user experience including wireframes, site maps, functional specs, user flows, personas, use cases, etc
* Collaboratively working with core teams (art directors, copywriters, developers, project managers, and account) to craft user experiences that satisfy the functional requirements surfaced during the strategic phase.
* Working on a range of projects including product web sites (desktop and mobile), web portals, mobile apps, enterprise applications, and interactive site tools.
* Consulting across brands, providing both UI and technical feedback to improve creative execution
* Taking initiative with prototyping ideas before execution.
* Presenting work to clients and internal teams.
* Managing a small team of freelance IA's, providing guidance and direction
Qualifications and Experience:
* Collaborative/team player who is flexible and open-minded.
* Strong background in UI/interaction design and modern web technologies.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Sensitive to user platform differences and limitations
* Understanding of mobile and modern web technologies, capabilities, and trends.
* 5+ years of experience as an Information Architect including wireframing, specifications and user cases.
* Expert in usability and best practices for web and mobile
* Interactive advertising agency experience is preferred
* Strong experience with UX design tools such as Visio or preferably OmniGraffle.
* Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure