Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
Framework Solutions Engineer
Core Platform and Infrastructure(CPI) team is the technology engine that powers PayPal's business. We deliver a secure, seamlessly scalable, exceptionally efficient, highly reliable infrastructure and services platform in a hybrid cloud environment. Thousands of PayPal developers build and run hundreds of applications processing billions of calls daily with high availability and reliability on our products. As a team, we are active in the open source community, are proud of our systems knowledge, technology breadth, and intellectual curiosity. We are driven to empower PayPal developers in the best way possible.
PayPal's CPI Frameworks team is looking for talented solutions development engineers in Austin, TX to help guide the delivery and usage of our frameworks to build state of the art products and services. We want people who thrive on satisfying customer needs and who have a passion for creating exceptional technologies. As a member on our team, you will work directly with our Product teams and Platforms teams to create outstanding solutions and deliver incredible products.
* Define and develop solutions in collaboration with Framework Development teams, Cloud Infrastructure team and various product development teams.
* Assist with integrating new products into our cloud infrastructure
* Architect, design and deploy new infrastructure services with a focus on security, high availability, stability, and repeatability.
* Assess design and performance of existing products and platform services.
* Developing highly scalable distributed systems in complex network topologies
* Help fix performance, scalability, and other live issues in a very time critical environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in CS or equivalent
* Strong understanding of the fundamentals of distributed systems and Microservices architecture.
* Cloud experience with private and/or public cloud such as GCP or AWS.
* Strong understanding of SaaS, PaaS, SOA, Distributed Systems and Microservices.
* 2 plus years' experience developing in one or more of the below mentioned development stacks
* Expertise in large distributed systems using Java, C, C++, Go or Scala.
* Experience developing in Spring Framework, Spring Integration, ReST, RxJava.
* Experience with Unix/ Linux and shell scripting.
* Experience with GIT, SVN, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira)
* Strong understanding of application security
* Knowledge of one or more SQL and/or NoSQL database
* Strong understanding of testing methodologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Motivated and interested delivering results, especially in writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
* Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems/technologies
* Good team player, able to effectively work across multiple teams on solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment
* Experience with containerization using Docker
* Message broker and streaming services like ActiveMQ and Apache Kafka
* Experience working in Agile SCRUM teams.
* Working knowledge on any one of these scalable clusters: Mesos/kubernetes/docker swarm.
* Experience in at least one dynamic language such as Perl, Python or Ruby.
Austin, Texas, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a global technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants.