As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for specifying, implementing, and verifying embedded software components for the upper stage and reusable booster of an orbital launch vehicle. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of safety-critical software development and delivery. The New Glenn Avionics Navigation Systems team delivers the on-board software and hardware that blends multiple sensor inputs into position, velocity, and time estimates used by flight control and safety systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create real-time embedded software to support navigation and diagnostics of human-rated spacecraft.
* Define and develop verifiable requirements and software designs.
* Write code to implement designs in C/C++.
* Design and write tests to assure code meets safety critical standards and functions.
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or related field
* 4+ years of professional software development experience
* Strong software development skills in C/C++
* Strong debugging skills at the software/hardware boundary
* Familiarity with software testing
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
* Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, device drivers, or mobile devices
* Experience with safety-critical software development
* Demonstrated knowledge in designing, testing and flying aerospace navigation systems for rockets, missiles and/or aerodynamic reentry systems
* Experience with inertial sensors, GPS receivers, star trackers, LiDAR, radar, optical sensors, or image processing involving optical navigation, terrain relative navigation, orbit determination, and autonomous hazard identification
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.