We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced Tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell has multiple openings for Flight Controls Systems Engineers to support the development of Conventional and Fly-By-Wire Helicopters and Tiltrotor aircraft, both manned and un-manned, as well as new and novel products and platforms, such as autonomous Urban Air Taxi and Product transportation/delivery systems.
The systems requirements associated with these products are challenging and exciting. Our existing aircraft systems and emerging concept vehicles provide opportunities for systems engineering, simulation and test of configurations and technologies that will shape the future of aviation. This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
These positions may be located at Bell Helicopter's headquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX or the Bell Flight Research Center in Arlington, TX.
The Flight Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
* Electronic hardware design and integration, actuator drive hardware design and actuator integration, development of systems architecture and redundancy management. Design oversight of, and working with, suppliers where suppliers are primarily responsible for these items
* Design and test of Flight Control Systems with embedded software and complex hardware, including Fly-By-Wire systems
* System and software design, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing in desktop simulation environment and systems integration labs, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification
At least 2 years of experience is required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electircal Engineering or Computer Science, is required.
* Bachelor's Degree in other engineering disciplines will be considered with sufficient experience
The following experience and interests will be considered. Experience in all areas is not required:
* Interest in working all aspects of Flight Control System and Integration:
* Creation of System Architecture and Interconnect Drawing
* Working with Suppliers - Design Reviews, Requirements generation
* System Safety Assessments, Failure Hazard Analysis, and Test plans
* Avionic systems, electrical power, electro-mechanical actuation, hydraulic systems and actuation, and flight test
* Aircraft installation, functional testing, and troubleshooting
* Embedded Hardware and Software Design Experience
* Circuit Schematic Design and Capture
* Circuit Board Layout
* Familiarity with Board Fabrication and Assembly including surface mount
* Processor Based Design (microcontroller/microprocessor and/or DSP)
* FPGA/CPLD Design and Integration and Timing/Loading Analysis
* Motor Drive Design (Brushed and BLDC)
* Analog design (op amps, BJT, MOSFET)
* Processor Initialization and Periodic Processing Structure in Software
* Low-Level Code management of memory, data converters, serial busses, etc…
* Data Protocol Experience
* RS-422/485 UART
* ARINC 429
* 1394 Firewire
* Experience with development and testing in a lab environment.
* Experience with Acceptance and Qualification Testing
* Experience with Primary Toolsets:
* Mentor Xpedition xDX Designer and PCB layout (or equivalents)
* National Instruments Electronics Workbench or Multisim, SPICE
* Bench tools such as Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Power supplies
* C/C code
* Greenhills Multi, CodeWarrior (or equivalents) and Associated Debugging Tools
* MathWorks MATLAB / Simulink
* C# test scripts