As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design flight control software architectures and the tools and utilities to implement those architectures for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of flight control application software development and verification. You will also develop, test, and integrate various flight control software applications for both fluid and mechanical sensor and actuator subsystems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Drive toward completion of the flight software architecture design to guide all flight control software development on the New Glenn program
* Develop custom Simulink and MATLAB templates, tools, and utilities to standardize implementation of the flight software architecture across New Glenn
* Support development and verification of flight control software applications
* Develop and maintain common flight control software applications and components such as actuator controllers, common mode sequencers, and built-in-test sequencers
* Design and implement web-based continuous-build tooling to generate design artifacts from Simulink applications
* Develop common tools to support control system performance and stability analysis
* Develop and implement common verification utilities for both system-level performance verification and unit test verification, including Processor-In-the-Loop testing
* Support integration and testing of flight software applications
* Customize and enhance the Simulink code generation process to produce standardized and efficient source code from Simulink models of flight control applications
* Customize and enhance automatic generation of software design description documents
* Develop common design patterns for fault-tolerant control design
* B.S. in aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or related engineering with 5+ years of design experience.
* Experience in developing inner-loop control systems and software for complex linear and nonlinear sensor and actuator subsystems including the development of models suitable for control system design.
* Advanced or developer-level proficiency in Simulink and MATLAB
* Strong in fundamentals of engineering, particularly fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
* Demonstrated proficiency in software development, including advanced skills in embedded C or C++ programming
* Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work.
* Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. or Ph.D. in aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or related engineering with 10+ years of experience
* Demonstrated knowledge in both classical and modern control design techniques
* Demonstrated knowledge in applied optimal control and estimation (e.g. Kalman Filtering)
* Hands-on experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and test development
* Demonstrated ability to model, simulate, and validate the behavior of sensor and actuator subsystems across multiple domains (e.g. electro-hydraulic, power electronics, aerodynamic, thermodynamic, static and dynamic mechanical)
* Good system engineering and configuration management skills
* Experience with the control of high pressure gas and cryogenic fluid systems
* Experience with rockets, missiles or other aerospace vehicle systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.