Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments,
institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide. MS Investment Management Technology is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of the global technical platforms that supports the MSIM Business.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management Fixed Income Technology is looking for an IT Lead with prior expertise in STP and automation of workflows related to Portfolio Construction, Compliance, Trading, Booking, Recon. The FI Technology team sits within the larger Investment Management technology organization and builds state of the art technology solutions for the FI business with a global user base and an AUM of 400B
Key responsibilities Include
* Assist in building a strong partnership with the FI COO and Head of Trading to drive the Fixed Income platform strategy forward
* Drive the business analysis, creation of functional specs and also lead the FI IT team to ensure effective and timely delivery of IT product automation, new solutions and enhancements
* Develop a thorough understanding of the operational requirements of the FI IT platform and leverage technical expertise to design and deliver IT solutions
* Lead the FI IT Team for project initiations, planning, solution design, oversee delivery, prioritize strategic work versus enhancements
* Key anchor and point person for the Fixed Income Business user base. Able to drive conversations and manage user expectations with competing priorities
* Develop a thorough understanding of MSIM technology?s development processes and requirements working closely with peer teams such as Data Management IT, Operations IT etc.
* Keep up to date with market developments in the Asset Management FI space and bring innovative ideas to the platform to maintain a competitive advantage
* Drive the Fixed Income Data Rationalization and streamlining initiative
* Deep foundational knowledge of Fixed Income derivatives & bond products
* Prior experience building solutions for the FI Front Office area. Deep familiarity with FI fundamentals, research and analytics is required
* Technically savvy; from a technical background to be able to drive discussions and decision points around platform design, technology choices, integration options
* Hands-on in platform analysis, design and development
* Innovative mindset; Leadership in challenging the status quo and ability to propose new enhancements to improve the quality of the FI platform and overall user Experience / Satisfaction
* Prior experience in building integrations with FI Execution Venue and Liquidity Sources a huge plus
* Thorough understanding of electronic trading industry
* Ability to build strong trust relationships with the business
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Results oriented
* Experience in Core Java, multithreading, T-SQL, Scripting
* Bachelors / Masters in Information Technology or related field.
* 8-10 Years of relevant experience
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.