About this role
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape the financial markets. We are 1,400 strong and we eat, live and breathe tech.
Job Purpose/ Background
As an Aladdin FIX Connectivity Associate you help our clients streamline their workflows and access new sources of liquidity. You will be focused on deploying and certifying electronic messaging solutions that span both the trading and post trade space for our growing number of institutional clients. This is a great opportunity to work in a small team where you will be working with clients to understand their requirements, setting up FIX connections and certifying workflows and deploy solutions.
With deep engagement with our engineers, product management, client facing teams, vendors and brokers you will be responsible for solutions that are both multi region and multi asset. You will be have opportunities to work on pioneering workflows that extend the reach of FIX to enhance the Aladdin offering.
* Work directly with Clients, Brokers, and Platforms to certify, build and roll out new FIX connections
* Lead full lifecycle of FIX certification workflows and FIX sessions onboarding
* Work directly with our global trading and operations teams and Aladdin Business to understand and deploy connectivity needs across asset classes and markets.
* Handling multiple client onboarding, certifications and production set ups
* Defining FIX requirements / specifications and propose new FIX workflows to extend electronic trading and post trade processes and protocols
* Build knowledge of FIX protocols and their application to financial services workflows within Order Execution Management Systems, Electronic Communication Networks and Post Trade Confirmations.
* Deep understanding of FIX messaging protocols
* 3 years of experience using FIX messaging protocols
* Experience working with clients, brokers and vendor partners on technology solutions using FIX Protocol.
* Familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, derivatives) and third-party trading platforms and services used to process confirmation and settlement of trades
* Bachelor's Degree with strong academic performance
* Strong organization verbal and written communication skills
* Very motivated and able to operate in a fast-paced environment, leading multiple projects and delivering within deadlines
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.