Your goal as a trainee in the Secure Transaction team will be to improve the test coverage of a microcontroller's firmware.
The microcontroller (ARM Cortex M4 based) and its firmware will be embedded into a new range of innovative Smart Card products which feature Biometric sensor, Bluetooth connectivity and more.
Validation for several modules need to be implemented during the internship: low level drivers (BLE stack, SPI, I2C, clock, flash write, gpio...) and high modules (security features, data storage mechanisms...).
You will have to design and develop firmware functions (test functions, in C) and also develop the associated test scripts (VB.net).
During the internship:
* You will get knowledge on the firmware structure and its modules.
* You will check the current validation coverage and get familiar with the tools used to run it (USB-I2C modules).
* You will define a test plan for the modules not yet covered by the validation.
* You will design and implement the test functions for the firmware (in C).
* You will implement validation test cases (in VB.net).
* You will run the tests, investigate and fix the issues.
* You must have good knowledge of C programming language applied to microcontrollers. Knowledge of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, BLE).
Basic understanding of hardware concepts is a plus.
* You must be fluent in English.
* We would like someone who is enthusiast and innovative, also possesses fast learning attitude with good communication skills.
* You need to prepare a degree in Computer Engineering/Electronics.
Gemalto, a digital security company, offers mobile connectivity, payment technology and data protection solutions.