PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
Check us out: LinkedIn | The Muse | Key Values
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate Firmware QA Engineer. Come join a team of dedicated engineers working to solve the challenges of shipping consumer products at high volumes, while innovating in a new technology space. If you want to design new products, bring new features to shipping products, and help shape the technology PAX delivers, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The Firmware QA Engineer will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus reliability, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside PAX Labs.
As the PAX Firmware QA Engineer, you will:
* Develop and execute test plans for new products that are comprehensive, clear, and maintainable as project change scope
* Test our devices with a keen insight into customer needs and with a focus on shipping the highest quality product
* Design new test fixtures with cross functional teams and ensure the scripts you design are portable and complete
* Troubleshoot product failures on PCBs, power supplies, and electromechanical assemblies
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
* Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant QA experience on a consumer electronic device
* Experience writing automated test scripts in Python or equivalent scripting language
* BLE/Connected device experience preferred
* Experience with projects involving sensors and control systems a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow.
* Ability to multitask or focus on detailed problems and a tenacity to drive issues until resolved
* Cross-functional organization, communication, and management
* BS in Computer Engineering, ECE, Computer Science, or related field
* Associate's degree with significant experience will be considered, Master's degree is a plus
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
* Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
* Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401K plan
* Generous PTO policy
* Paid Parental Leave
* Monthly wellness reimbursement
* Cell Phone reimbursement
* Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
* Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
* Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
* Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
About Pax Labs
PAX Labs is a company that produces loose-leaf vaporizers.