PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
Check us out: LinkedIn | The Muse | Key Values
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The PAX Labs Hardware team is looking for a Firmware (FW) Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to be responsible for developing / communicating project plans, leading a cross-functional team (primarily FW Engineering) to execute on those plans, and frequently communicating status and risk to senior leadership. You will report to the Director of HW Program Management, and will be part of a small but exceedingly passionate group of experts in their field.
As the PAX Firmware Engineering Program Manager, you will:
* Lead a multiple stakeholder cross-functional team to flesh out and execute on FW development plans * Fully own the complete end-to-end FW development lifecycle on the projects you lead (Concept Development through Post-Launch) * Drive clarity around project deliverables and maintain constant focus on delivering optimal program outcomes, by balancing resources, time and priorities * Fight for landing P0 features on time, with high quality user feedback and near zero bugs * Partner with the FW and Product teams to develop and roll-out PAX's next level of FW development processes * Act as the voice of the FW Engineering team when they're not in the room
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN YOU
* 3+ years of industry experience in SW/FW development * Experience working with cross-functional engineering (HW, FW), product management and end user testing teams * Experience in developing embedded FW for consumer electronics products * Specific experience as a software program/project manager
Ideally, you will:
* Have experience with various approaches to FW development (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, etc.) * Be familiar with risk management approaches/techniques throughout the FW development lifecycle * Have excellent communication skills, with an aptitude for crafting "narratives" for your programs, and setting appropriate XFNL expectations during development * Are a solid team player who likes to collaborate with and lead engineering teams and cross-functional groups to achieve project plans * Have the ability to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever is needed to develop and ship high quality products * Are adept at distilling chaos into predictability and clear execution priorities * Have passion for streamlining information flow, decision-making and overall development processes * Are familiar with HW product development life cycles and milestones * Have experience working with program management and communication tools such as JIRA, Gantt charts (Smartsheets or MS Project), Google Docs, and Confluence
* BS degree in Computer Science, SW Engineering, related fields or equivalent practical experience
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
* Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews * Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage * 401K plan * Generous PTO policy * Paid Parental Leave * Monthly wellness reimbursement * Cell Phone reimbursement * Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices * Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages * Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco * Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
About Pax Labs, Inc.
PAX Labs is a company that produces loose-leaf vaporizers.