Firewall Network Engineer
Req #: 206973
Location: Bethesda, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Public Trust
What You'll Get to Do:
Responsibilities include providing support and operation of network and security components which include routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless devices, data centers, and cloud services in both a Greenfield and brownfield infrastructure. The successful candidate will support multiple networks that operate 24 hours a day 365 days a year requiring 99.99995% uptime. Normal business hours are between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern Time. Daily duties include managing the USCIS network and security devices which include and are not limited to the following:
* Cisco ASA
* Cisco Security Manger
* Cisco routers/switches/firewalls
* IPS/IDS modules
* Cisco ISE
* Amazon Cloud
* Data center infrastructure
* Network Enclaves
* Xceedium Gatekeeper
* Cisco Prime
* Two Factor Authentication
* Identity and Biometric tools
* Azure Cloud
More About the Role:
* Troubleshooting Tier 3 & 4 level issues for LAN/WAN networks.
* Troubleshooting Enclaves.
* Working on Change Requests, Incidents, Work Orders.
* Resolving Emergency Break Fix problems.
* Ability to work in ServiceNow, and use this tool effectively to work.
* Understanding the work flows to expedite and provide operations support.
* Collaborate with multiple teams for resolving issues.
* Maintain documentation for all network infrastructure changes and process flows:
* Document all processes and procedures
* Post documents to EID SharePoint site
* Serve as the technical expert for network infrastructure, security tools, appliances, and services.
* Collaborate with Network Architecture & Engineering teams to recommend solid well thought out solutions.
* Responsible for mentoring junior staff and expanding their skill set.
* Responsible for leading CIRT calls and outage resolutions.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Years of Experience: Master's Degree OR 15+ years of experience
* Expertise in one or more of the following tools and technologies:
* Cisco Network and Security Technologies
* Cisco Wireless Technologies
* Amazon Cloud Services
* Cisco Data Center Technologies
* Riverbed Technology
* Performance Engineering tools and technologies
* Experience serving as an escalation point for network and performance issues and ensuring their resolution.
* Experience analyzing and resolving tickets with limited internal/external support.
* Strong ability to operate as member of a multi-functional team.
* Ability to multi-task and keep track of work.
* Must be an expert on subnet masking and IP addressing.
* Must understand multi-tier networks and have proven ability to resolve issues.
* Must have excellent written and verbal skills in English.
* Must have self-motivation and initiative to tackle large problems from start to finish.
* Must have excellent time management skills to work in a fast-paced professional environment.
* Must have the ability to design solutions that are not cookie cutter.
* Must have project management and time management skills.
* Must know Visio diagramming and Microsoft office tools suite.
* Must be able to work independently and within a matrixed organization.
* Must have networking expertise and drive work to closure.
* Must have excellent customer service skills and high threshold for stress.
* Must want to be in an Operations environment.
* Ability to follow directions from management.
* Availability to work outside of normal business hours to support a production network.
* Must be available to be on call many weeks throughout the year.
* Must have excellent team work and collaborations skills.
* Ability to maintain composure in a fast paced, high stress, demanding environment.
* Expertise in Visio.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.