Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Financial Systems Project Analyst to join our winning team, located in our Global Services Office in downtown Los Angeles. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Financial Systems Project Analyst will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Financial Systems Project Analyst at Latham, you will coordinate new and existing project efforts for various accounting and finance systems and business processes. You will assist the Financial Project Manager in managing day-to-day operational aspects of finance-related projects while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
* Coordinating projects and helping to manage the system development life cycle; reviewing, clarifying, and/or testing deliverables prepared by the financial team before providing the final product to stakeholders
* Reviewing, documents, and coordinating across departments to develop efficient procedures and methods to increase productivity by streamlining processes
* Working with functional managers and supervisors to create, implement, and document project specifications, project plans, and business processes and procedures
* Updating, modifying, testing, and/or repairing existing software systems and proposing innovative solutions to problems
* Providing functional and technical analysis and documentation related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems and reports
* Participating in the development of test strategies, tools, and systems
* Maintaining and supporting existing Finance and Accounting applications, including but not limited to; Chrome River Expense & Invoice, Clarity Financial Planning and Reporting System, and Elite - 3E Financial System
* Acting as project lead for Finance & Accounting sponsored projects ranging in scope and complexity
* Acting as liaison between the Accounting and Finance and Technology departments
* Assisting with projects on various issues when needed
* Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
As a Financial Systems Project Analyst, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Financial Systems Project Analyst must be highly proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. The Analyst must also display solid working knowledge of MS Project or Visio. Strong knowledge of developing and supporting Microsoft Excel VBA is preferred. The ability to lead and drive complex operational projects is desired, as well as the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a time-sensitive and high-pressure environment.
A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Engineering, Management or a related field is required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus. At least six (6) years of related experience leading projects is required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
Latham & Watkins LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
For information regarding family care and medical leave (CFRA), click here.
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers in its offices located in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the US.