We are looking for an accomplished Financial Systems Application Engineer to join our team! Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, this role would be part of a team that is responsible for operations and support of the Company's enterprise-wide financial planning & analytics environment, primarily based on IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) and Cognos Analytics (BI) solutions.
* Feel energized by innovation and finding better ways of accomplishing tasks?
* Are you excited about working directly to empower users?
* Love to get your hands dirty and solve challenging technical issues?
This opportunity is a great fit for someone who is eager for an opportunity to gain skills in other aspects of building & maintaining an enterprise-scale analytics system, such as exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools, business intelligence, master dimension management, data warehousing, and API & coding automation.
This role is supporting our Finance users during actual month end and planning reporting cycles. You will work closely with peer financial and business teams to continuously optimize timelines, processes, and system automation.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
* Perform a range of system activities that support mission-critical forecast/plan cycle delivery and monthly Accounting close support, including various aspects of financial statement modeling (profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow), currency foreign exchange models, and scenario/version retention & analysis. Common activities include dimension & hierarchy management, user authentication & authorization, data import & archival, job scheduling, and ad hoc troubleshooting.
* Work with cross-functional teams to develop, and continuously improve, solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes, and ensure financial results are accurate.
* Manage ongoing user & system support activity according to priority (including rotational on-call availability for critical systems support), and coordinate large-scale change requests with development teams.
* Collaborate with 3rd party software vendors on issue resolution and product enhancements.
* Participate in various user communication activities, such as status dashboards and usage surveys.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.