We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we're global, we're family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you're pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About This Role:
The Financial Systems Analyst I develops more efficient analytics and reporting through the use of TM1/Planning Analytics. S/he performs standard support and maintenance functions for financial systems and related applications and processes.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides daily support and administration of the Planning Analytics/TM1 applications.
2. Ensures overall data integrity by maintaining key internal control processes and reconciliations.
3. Supports technical upgrades and patches through regression testing, user acceptance testing and troubleshooting prior to applying system changes.
4. Translates user requirements into technical design, implementation and, documentation.
5. Understands business processes, data and workflows to identify improvement and optimization opportunities while researching, assessing, and implementing Cognos best practices.
6. Acts as a point of contact for user issues and TM1/PA incidents. Tracks tickets with IBM support and consults on case resolutions as well as root cause analysis (RCA).
7. Performs analysis and partners with other finance and operational team members to ensure the financial results are accurate and complete.
8. Supports functional and technical operation modules within TM1 during forecasting as well as monthly and annual reporting requirements.
9. Supports the development of standard and ad hoc reports, tools and templates including system projects for enhancements by performing project tasks as assigned. Documents processes, rules, model design, data flow, and unique scenarios.
10. Support training of new users of Planning Analytics/TM1 as well as other super users as additional functionality are implemented.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries' approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor or the Risk Management department. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Requirements Education/Training Required:
Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum three years of relevant experience in a related position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA #1: Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
KSA #2: Proficiency with computers, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
KSA #3: Strong knowledge of relational and dimensional data.
KSA #4: Ability to analyze server and system error logs and troubleshoot system incidents.
KSA #5: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with members across the organization.
KSA #6: Excellent attention to details, time management and organizational skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA #7: Knowledge of ERP software such as MAS, JDE, Oracle, SAP as well as AS400 and queries.
KSA #8: Proficiency with Cognos TM1 or Planning Analytics design and development.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Intermittent standing to use office machines. Intermittent walking to gain access to work areas. Ability to climb stairs to gain access to work area.
Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities.
Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Office setting with temperature controls.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend