Ernst & Young
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We help our clients transform. Together we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike. We are modernizing their applications, creating new ones and driving business efficiency across their ever-changing platform and channel infrastructures. Everything we do centers around this simple story.
We are building a world-class engineering function that will help solve global company's toughest problems. If you interested in building software, solving complex problems in a dynamic and flexible environment this job is for you. We are currently seeking DevOps Engineers with a proven background and experience in designing CI/CD pipelines, experience in automation and deployment to different environments.
The ideal candidate will have technical experience in building scalable integrated processes to fulfill the requirements of different software projects which change their technology stack on case to case basis. DevOps Engineers are responsible for design, implementation, and ongoing support of the production services, applications and platform components. In this role, you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development and data store administration to provide best-practices guidance.
While we focus a lot on banks, insurance companies and FinTechs, the group will have opportunities to support other sectors also including healthcare, automotive, high-tech, and media. We are looking for talented engineers, we will teach domain knowledge as needed for the right candidates.
Your Key Responsibilities
We're looking for a DevOps Platform Engineer who can:
* Integrate, test, implement, and deploy new and existing software application programs.
* Build highly performant CI/CD pipelines
* Automate the change management of the supporting infrastructure
Skills and attributes for success
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
* Ability to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing, publishing and conference-level presentation skills a plus
To qualify for the role you must have
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or another related field.
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in technology or a similar role
* 2+ years' experience of microservices oriented architecture, Web services standards and best practices.
* Strong understanding of one or more of the following change management technologies Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
* A track record of delivering IT and application automation using these automation tools.
* Experience building CI/CD pipelines
* Proficiency in Linux administration and scripting using bash
* Proficiency in Java. Python is a plus
* A background of working with development best practices.
* A willingness to be flexible in responding to issues as they occur and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
* Experience in cloud-based environment with PaaS & IaaS.
* Self-motivated, Strong communication and team building skills.
* Work iteratively in a team with continuous collaboration.
Ideally, you'll also have
* Experience with the following technologies
* ELK stack/Splunk.
* Experience with SQL, NoSQL RDBMS (such as MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL, Neo4J) design, and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
* Desire to grow and learn other parts of the technology stack.
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus we offer
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.