Finance System Analyst
Req ID #: 44693
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Finance System Sr Analyst for our Corporate site located Wilmington, MA.
* Act as a conduit between Finance and IT in all aspects of the deployment and use of IT systems, being primarily SAP/Consolidation System and suite of associated finance tools. Interface with the ERP deployment team.
* Represent Finance in relation to changes and developments in relevant financial systems and evaluate effect of changes on business processes.
* Coordinate User Acceptance Testing and assist in determining training requirements
* Be a subject matter expert in relation to the functional use of SAP/Consolidation System within finance and act as system administrator and adminster Master Data.
* Administer related SOX controls for areas of responsibilities
* Establish and lead Corporate SAP/Consolidation Power user team
* Lead the continuous improvement program within the corporate accounting team to improve infrastructure, tools and processes.
* Design new processes and systems for use within finance
* Work towards optimization of finance transaction operations, management reporting and control processes that are in use within the organization.
* Act as key member of the team involved in transitioning processes, entities and countries into the Corporate and North American accounting teams, support European and Asia Pacific teams.
* Manage a portfolio of transition projects and/or programs simultaneously, taking responsibility for implementation of the finance end to end process from design to completion. Facilite timely completion of all deliverables while managing resource, meeting all quality requirements
* Ensuring the scope of the project does not deviate from the initial business case or that change control procedures are agreed for any scope change which significantly impacts the project timelines.
* Identify project improvements and implement in future projects
* Lead all finance projects members, ensuring roles and responsibilities on the project are clear and distribute tasks to all project resources
* Ensure business processes of entities and countries transitioned are stabilized, sustained and further developed
* Participate in the design and maintenance of procedures and controls documentation for transitioned entities
* Additional duties as requested
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Finance System Sr Analyst position:
* Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
* 6 years related experience with at least 3 years of project management experience. Strong understanding of ERP required, SAP experience preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Travel required
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Biotech, ERP, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Science, Research