TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Global File Transfer Services group offers corporate-wide services related to the transfer of files securely to/from internal and external clients utilizing a complex and protected infrastructure. Meeting client deliverable dates on time while coordinating and multi-tasking on other pending deliverables using the toolset in place for the function creates a unique learning environment to further enhance technological skills. The File Transfer team is within TSG supporting all elements inclusive of the operational activities required to support the clients who utilize the service.
Key responsibilities include:
* Configuration of file transmissions on the approved platforms (inclusive of configuring, testing, promotion to production)
* Managing assigned workload to meet designated target dates of each deliverable
* Perform technical troubleshooting and problem investigation
The Global File Transfer Services (GFTS) development team is responsible for configuring file transmissions using pre-approved BNY Mellon products and protocols. The target developer has an expert knowledge of each protocol solution and is capable of configuring transmissions in any of them. The analyst is responsible for reviewing each assigned file transmission request, understanding the customer requirements, working directly with the customer and internal business partners and configuring a standard file transmission solution. The analyst is capable of answering complex technical questions from the customer and can advise and make technical recommendations back to the customer. The technologist should have a working knowledge of workload provisioning and strong troubleshooting skills.
Senior Customer Processing Analyst->> Advises organizational units/teams to ensure timely delivery of service, or resolution of complaint. Provides direction to lower-level service representatives in the successful delivery of support or service. Answers inquiries, resolves problems, promotes and sells products/services, and/or enters or confirm sales. Assesses needs and suggests/promotes alternative products or services. Integrates in-depth area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices to provide client solutions. Handles situations which may require adaptation of response or extensive research according to customer response. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience is required.
* Two to four (2-4) years of related experience is required.
* Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* Minimum of 4 years of development or infrastructure support experience is preferred.
* SME product knowledge of BizManager (OpenText), Sterling File Gateway (IBM), Connect:Direct (IBM), Connect:Enterprise (IBM) and Sterling Control Center (IBM).
* Strong support knowledge of file transfer protocols (e.g. SFTP, HTTPS, AS2, FTPS) and encryption types (e.g. PGP).
* Centralized monitoring, automation and service level alerting.
* Ability to perform technical troubleshooting and problem investigations.
* Working knowledge of z/OS, Unix, Linux, Windows.
* BMC Remedy experience.
* Ability to multi-task and have excellent organizational, written and verbal skills.
* Working knowledge of network topologies, connectivity methods and load-balancer/proxy solutions.
* Experience with JCL and Shell scripting.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Freeport
Internal Jobcode: 45089
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1905203
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.