Job TitleField Support Specialist
Location(s)Chicago, Kansas City, Mountain Lakes, Twin Cities
This position will serve as a multifaceted Field Support Specialist to provide professional field service, maintenance, training and technical support on all EUROIMMUN instrumentation and products. This position is also responsible for responding to emergency calls to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction.
Excellent technical and communication skills are needed to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starters, who can independently manage their time and schedules; will possess basic business acumen and effectively communicate skills at all levels.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to
* Maintain a working knowledge of EUROIMMUN instrumentation, products and techniques.
* Install, maintain, verify performance and repair EUROIMMUN equipment at customer sites and in Mountain Lakes' QC and Vision Labs.
* Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers and warranty services in the field.
* Provide onsite technical service support for instrumentation and products as needed.
* Prepare and gather necessary documentation for end user training at customer site.
* Maintain positive, professional communications with customers, Sales Team members, and colleagues in the Technical Support group.
* Document all activities in accordance with the service policies and procedures.
* Maintain loaner, test equipment, spare parts inventory, and other company equipment and supplies in good condition and working order. Protects the company's assets.
* Make decisions based on policies and procedures. Discusses and refers unresolved customer service issues to Management.
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures and comply with all safety and regulatory requirements.
* The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee will be regularly required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move heavy instruments with weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Desired Skills & Experience
* A BS in Life Sciences, Biomedical engineering and/or technical discipline; or equivalent military training and experience, with emphasis on instrumentation, computers.
* Three or more years' experience as a field service representative, Lab MT , or related field
* Technically proficient in running IVD assays with an understanding of the basis for these assays
* Well-organized, able to function independently with a minimum of supervision
* Comfortable in presenting training and information seminars to customers
* Customer-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
* Exhibits high level of critical thinking abilities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Enthusiastic demeanor and a can-do attitude
* Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
* Work in all areas of the laboratory
* Frequent overnight and weekend travel
* Field based position with occasional days at Mountain Lakes headquarters
After-hours technical support as needed
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
PerkinElmer is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.