Job Opening ID:
00313231 Field Support Engineer (Open)
Field Support Engineer
IT, Telecom & Internet
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for providing ongoing support of first line contacts and resolution for end users via multiple communication methods by leveraging decision making & problem-solving skills, with a high level of customer service. An FSE will coordinate local and remote support with the Desktop, Network and other IT teams in the assigned coverage area. An FSE will travel to all assigned locations on a regular basis, most often in one's personal vehicle. Duties will include providing preventative maintenance, technology refresh, customer support, hardware reclamation, and "on-call" / emergency support. Excellent customer service including verbal and written communication skills are essential in order to provide world class end user experience.
* Provides tier 2 support for end users including hardware and software issues by troubleshooting, identifying root cause, and implementing the appropriate solution.
* Escalates more complex or specialized service requests and incidents to the relevant teams or department.
* Deploys hardware and software to end users by understanding business requirements and technology standards.
* Determines and executes tasks to support technology life cycle.
* Participates in Desktop Technician projects by performing delegated desktop support and installation tasks.
* Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel the local area frequently.
* Ability to troubleshoot networking issues
* Ability to listen and follow instructions as provided in documentation or other means.
* Provide clear explanation of hardware, and surroundings
* Ability to understand spatial awareness, and accurately articulate distances
* Ability to use standard networking tools (snips, punch-down crimpers, etc.)
* Ability to keep a clean and highly organized workspace at all times.
* Understands Network Cat5 - Cat6A cabling, and how it is utilized
* Understands Telcomm POTS and T1
* Understands various Fiber types, and how to work with them
* Ability to run cabling, and install network drops.
* Administer Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points
Desktop Support Skills
* Strong 2nd tier / 3rd tier support skills
* Expert with Windows 10 troubleshooting
* Familiar with Mac OS X
* Expert with Office 365 products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
* Browser support, such as Internet Explorer 11/Edge/Chrome
* Ability to troubleshoot Scanning and Printing Peripherals, such as MFPs,
* Mobile devices (Windows CE, iOS, Android, etc.)
* Administer and perform computer and printer technology warranty tasks
* Build/Configure/Install workstation and end user device technologies
* Perform incident prevention activities by developing/implementing proactive solutions. These solutions may include communications with other teams.
* Develop/Implement solutions for End User computing issues while working with Engineering Teams.
* Manage and complete special projects with minimal direction within allotted timeframes.
* Must be able to analyze and recommend solutions to reported problems.
* Familiar with Site Reliability Engineering
Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science, or Engineering, or related field, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 3 years of experience in Information Technology.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Certification
Note: Requires personal vehicle and frequent travel to local area sites. Must be open to occasional evening/weekend/on-call work.
Bachelors: Chemical Engineering, Bachelors: Civil Engineering, Bachelors: Computer and Information Science, Bachelors: Computer Engineering, Bachelors: Electrical Engineering, Bachelors: Industrial Engineering, Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering
Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Cisco Systems, Inc., N+ (Network+) Certification - Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA)
Configuration Management (Basic Understanding), Hardware Infrastructure (Basic Understanding), Local Area Networks (Basic Understanding), Technical Troubleshooting (Basic Understanding), Voice Networks (Basic Understanding), Wide Area Networks (Basic Understanding), Wireless Technologies (Basic Understanding)
Ensures that all documentation and monitoring is correctly executed for new start up sites, Executes diverse procedural tasks related to supporting network operations, Monitors network alerts, outages, and customer concerns in order to proactively identify network events, Provides technical support to internal and external clients in all aspects of computer networking, Resolves network events in tandem with Service Desk and other departments, Works with new site startups, coordinates contractors, and configures equipment to meet specific deadlines defined by the external customers and internal business units.
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."