Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Resident Field Service Technician is responsible for technical direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation, operational maintenance, testing and start up activities on Baker Hughes GE Mark VIe Controls Instrumentation & Mechanical systems & components in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements primarily within a designated customer site.
* Provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
* Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of BHGE products.
* Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
* Provide Project and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems, issues & trends.
* Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
* Provide communication to Product Support and Field Service teams regarding all program activities and problems through regular, timely reports.
* Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
* Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyze any undesirable trends.
* Make recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify future needs.
* Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements.
* Use initiative and experience to interpret, and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and ongoing customer support.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum 4 years of experience in a field service and/or maintenance position)
* Minimum 2 years of experience in field service and/or maintenance position
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred.
* Knowledge and experience on GE MK V, VI & MKVIe control systems is preferred.
* Knowledge and experience on BGHE Multi-stage Centrifugal Gas Compressors & related Dry Gas Seal Systems is preferred
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Experience in leading site construction & maintenance activities.
* Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
* Freeport, TX
BHGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more