Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion global provider of information technology products and services.
From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
Privately-held and under the guidance of our current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope through neither merger nor acquisition. Our organic growth and two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled and tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI's goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
* World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
* Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
* Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
* Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion global provider of information technology products and services. From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment. SHI has an exciting job opportunity available in our Corp Advanced Solutions department as a Field Solutions Engineer - Security. This individual will work as a security generalist who will be customer facing and will uncover and develop opportunities. The Field Solutions Engineer will take a consultative approach to security projects and will understand how that technology enables business
* Assists in conducting best practice posture review leveraging frameworks such as NIST or CIS top 20; identify deficiencies and recommend corrective policy or controls.
* Responsible for designing and proposing Cybersecurity Solutions that meet customer's business objectives.
* Develop and execute strategy for top Security prospects
* Ability to interface with multiple layers of contacts within an organization, including but not limited to CIO, CSO, CISO, Security Directors, Security Admin, etc.
* Responsible for helping sales drive the sales process of the solution, including identifying the opportunity, qualifying, making recommendations, and aligning next steps.
* Builds deep relationships and trust with customers and owns the technical side of customer relationships.
* Owns relationships with strategic original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and key cybersecurity partners in Market
* Proficient in diverse areas of security such as: IDS/IPS, Public Cloud, Identity & Access Control, Firewalls, Application Security, Security Frameworks and compliance, Data Loss Prevention, Encryption, Web & Email security, and Emerging Security Trends.
* Educate and develop sales teams on Security solution selling and key technologies
* Product training and positioning
* Stay current on new technology, trends and market behavior
* Eager to assist and find solutions, even when information given is vague and not specific.
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
* 4 year B.S or B.A. or equivalent experience
* 5 - 8 years' experience in a technical cybersecurity role
* 3 - 8 years' experience in Security Pre-Sales Consulting preferred
* Passion for technology and an insatiable appetite to learn, be challenged, and be flexible.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills
* Must be results driven with a strong sense of urgency
* Attention to detail, organization, and follow up skills are critical to this position
* Initiative to research and resolve problems with a positive attitude
* Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
* Self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job related knowledge and skills
* Maintain vendor accreditations and certifications relevant to the Security Industry
* Requires expert technical knowledge of Security Solutions such as: Endpoint (EPP & EDR), Encryption, IAM, PAM, SIEM, MFA, DLP, Automation, Perimeter, Public Cloud
* willing to travel as required
CISSP, Relevant GIAC Cert, SSCP, CISM, CCSP, CEH, CPT, CWSP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security or Relevant Professional certifications in Cyber Security OEMs
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status